What is the meaning of life?
Evan's current algorithm as of dec 2016, ymmv:
1. exercise - strength+cardio+stretching, at least 3x a week, ideally 5-6.
2. food - less sugar/white flour and more veggies. savor. cook for yourself when possible.
3. mindfulness - many options here but I like these: http://bit.ly/2gDcBcr
4. nature - get out in it, whether it's yosemite or your local park
5. meaningful work - probably the hardest one. something you feel good at (or want to get good at), that pays enough to sustain you, and that helps others (http://bit.ly/2gDkPBb).
6. relationships - quality over quantity, but don't put all your eggs in one basket
7. art - immerse yourself in great books (http://bit.ly/2gDiuWW), films (http://bit.ly/2gDmWVH), music (http://bit.ly/2gDipTp). balance breadth (experiencing lots of stuff) with depth (getting to know certain works intimately)
Wow, This is so great! Funny thing is I was sitting here plunking on my Mandolin and looked on youtube because I wanted to see what Ska would sound like on the mando, and this is what I found! I'm a became a big fan right away! I hope you guys come to the Eugene OR area to play a show!Miracles of Modern Science responded on 12/04/2016 Next question
Hey, Evan ... It's Joe Mancuso. Sorry i'm a lame-ass for taking so long to get on the list and stuff. I'll jump on the Patreon, too, for at least a little bit to get started. Love the new videos and still think you're doing amazing stuff.
If you would, please put me on the mailing list for _all_ locations. I want to pitch you to friends i have in other locations when you're playing there. Still hoping to catch you next time you're nearby (and buy some signed stuff!).
Until then, thanks again for the inspiration and hang in there!! Best,